Founded in April of 2009, Shaka Smart Basketball Camps LLC enters its seventh season with a veteran team. The camp returns all five starters from last year. Point guard Shaka Smart excels at teaching winning habits on and off the court.
His wife Maya Smart is a clutch shooter who hopes a new resource-rich website and healthier lunches will score major points with campers and parents alike. Forwards Jesse Bopp and David Harris command the frontcourt, creating an exciting and educational camp experience in Richmond’s Siegel Center, Virginia. Dianne Long, our center, makes registration a slam dunk.
Coming off the bench, we have a host of current and former VCU basketball players, youth coaches from around the nation and graduate assistants studying at VCU’s Center for Sports Leadership. Additionally, Daniel Roose offers campers stretching, strength and conditioning expertise and athletic trainer Eddie Benion is on hand to attend to the inevitable bumps and bruises that occur at any sports camp.
This camp season we’re delivering the same exciting focus on individual basketball skill development and game experience that we’ve had in the past. We’re also excited to announce several new program enhancements:
- Healthier lunch options including fruit, vegetables and whole grains
- More detailed camp communications covering everything from daily schedules to parking tips
- Online access to helpful fitness and nutrition resources for parents and kids
- Improvements to our custom app to assist parents in monitoring their camper’s account
- A team photo with Coach Smart for every camper
Please let us know if you have other ideas for new camp features. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you at the Siegel Center!